Cauliflower Potato Corn Chowder (Vegan)
- July 6, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Chef Yogi's Food Notes
By Nicole Yong
Ingredients (2 servings):
|1 big potato, diced||½ teaspoon black pepper|
|1 cup cauliflower||¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)|
|1 tablespoon cashew nut||sea salt to taste|
|2 tablespoon rolled oat||½ tablespoon grapeseed oil / cooking oil|
|2 tablespoon sweet corn||2 tablespoon plain yogurt|
|1 tablespoon carrot, diced||1 lemon slice|
|1 bay leaf||Herb leaf – Lemon Thyme/ Rosemary/ Basil (optional)|
|½ teaspoon cumin|
- Soak rolled oat in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Steam potato, cauliflower, cashew nut and sweet corn until tender.
- Blend rolled oat, potato, cauliflower, cashew nut until creamy.
- Put grape seed oil into a pan, follow by bay leaf and cumin, cook about 3-4 minutes in low fire.
- Then put in the mixture of rolled oat, potato, cauliflower, sweet corn, carrot, 200ml water, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cook for 8-10 minutes in low fire and bring to boil.
- Serve while warm. Garnished with left over steam cauliflower, black pepper, cayenne pepper, plain yogurt, lemon thyme and lemon slice.