Tadasana (Palm Tree Pose)
- February 22, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Starting position: Stand with the feet together or hip-width apart, and the arms by the sides. Distribute the weight equally on both feet.
- Raise the arms over the head.
- Interlock the fingers and turn the palms upward.
- Place the hands on top of the head.
- Fix the eyes at a point on the wall slightly above the level of the head.
- The eyes should remain fixed on this point throughout the practice.
- Inhale and stretch the arms, shoulders and chest upward. Raise the heels, coming up onto the toes.
- Stretch the whole body from top to bottom, without losing balance or moving the feet.
- Hold the breath and the position for a few seconds.
- Exhale as you lower the heels while breathing out and bring the hands to the top of the head.
- Helps to develop physical and mental balance.
- Stretches the entire spine, helping to clear up congestion of the spinal column.
- Stretches the rectus abdominal muscles and the intestines, and a gentle tadasana is useful during the first six months of pregnancy to keep the abdominal muscles and nerves toned.