Chakki Chalasana (Churning the Mill)
- November 6, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Starting position: Sit with the legs stretched out in front of the body with the feet separated. Interlock the fingers of both hands and hold the arms out straight in front of the chest. Keep the arms straight and horizontal throughout the practice; do not bend the elbows.
- Exhale as you bend forward as far as possible without straining. Imaging the action of churning a mill with an old-fashioned stone grinder.
- Swivel to the right so that the hands pass above the right toes as far to the right as possible without straining.
- Inhale as you lean back as far as possible on the backward swing.
- Try to move the body from the waist. On the forward swing, bring the arms and hands to the left side, over the left toes and then back to the centre position.
- One rotation is one round.
- Practise 5 to 10 rounds clockwise and then the same number of rounds anti-clockwise.
- Excellent for toning the nerves and organs of the pelvis and abdomens
- Useful for regulating the menstrual cycle.