Orange Cinnamon Hibiscus Margarita (without alcohol)
- July 5, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Chef Yogi's Food Notes,
By Nicole Yong
1 cinnamon stick
8 – 10 fresh hibiscus (wash and just use the petals only), or 2 tablespoons of dried hibiscus flower
1 litre of filtered water
Orange juice squeezed from 3 fresh oranges
Lime juice squeezed from 1 large fresh lime
2 tablespoons of organic brown sugar
A little of sea salt for the rim of the glass (optional)
- Place the cinnamon stick, hibiscus petals and filtered water in a small pot and place it on the stove.
- Simmer gently for 8 – 10 minutes to boil.
- Add in brown sugar, stir and allow it to dissolve.
- Let the hibiscus tea cool down for 20 minutes.
- Then add in the orange juice and lime juice into the warm tea.
- Place some sea salt onto the rim of the glass.
- This drink can be served warm or cool.
*The hibiscus tea is known to provide a cooling relief from the summer heat. It helps to improve the mood and has a diuretic effect on the body. However, hibiscus tea is not advised for women who are preparing to conceive and for those who are pregnant.