Nauka Sanchalasana (Rowing the Boat)
- January 24, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Sit with both legs straight in front of the body.
- Clench the hands as though grasping the oars, with the palms facing down.
- Breathe out and bend forward from the waist as far as is comfortable, straightening the arms.
- Breathing in, lean back as far as possible, drawing the hands back towards the shoulders.
- This is one round. Practice 5 to 10 rounds and reverse the direction of the rowing movement as though going in the opposite direction.
- Visualise the action of rowing a boat.
- The hands should make a complete circular movement in every round, moving up the side of the legs and trunk.
- The legs should be kept straight throughout.
- Provides a positive effect on the pelvis and abdomen and releases energy blockage in these areas.
- Especially useful for gynaecological disorders and post-natal recovery.
- Helps to remove constipation.