Bhu Namanasana (Spinal Twist Prostration Pose)
- May 18, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Sit with the spine erect and the legs outstretched.
- Place the hands to the side of the right hip.
- Move the right hand slightly further behind the body with the fingers pointing backward.
- Twist the trunk 90 degrees to the right, using the arms and shoulders as levers. Exhale as you slowly bend the torso and bring the forehead to the floor, close to the hand placed behind the body. The spine should be as straight as possible.
- Try to keep both buttocks on the floor.
- Hold the final position for a short time.
- Inhale as you slowly raise and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement on the other side. This completes one round.
Stretches the spine and lower back, making the muscles supple and stimulating nerves.
People with back problems, peptic ulcer, hernia, hyperthyroidism, high blood pressure or heart problems should not perform this.