Padotthanasana (Raised Legs Pose)
- December 13, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Lie down in Shavasana with the palms flat on the floor.
- Inhale and raise the right leg as high as high as is comfortable, keeping it straight and the foot relaxed.
- The left leg should remain straight and in contact with the floor.
- Hold the posture for 3 to 5 seconds while retaining the breath.
- Exhale and slowly lower the right leg to the floor.
- Repeat on the other side.
This asana may be repeated raising both legs together. Be aware that this is a more strenuous practice. Do not lift the buttocks off the floor.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles and massages the organs.
- Strengthens the digestive system, lower back, pelvic and perineal muscles.
- Helps correct prolapse.
People suffering from high blood pressure or serious back conditions such as sciatica and slipped disc.