Eka Padasana (One Foot Pose)
- September 4, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Stand relaxed with the feet together.
- Inhale as you raise your arms directly above the head and interlock the fingers with the palms together.
- Exhale as you bend forward slowly from the hips, keeping the trunk, head and arms in a straight line and transferring the weight onto the right leg. Simultaneously raise the left leg straight back, keeping it in line with the trunk. The body should pivot from the right hip joint.
- Focus the gaze on the hands.
- Breathe normally as you hold in this position as long as is comfortable.
- Inhale as you return to the upright position while keeping the arms, back and leg aligned. Exhale as you slowly lower the arms.
- Repeat on the other side to complete one round.
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, back, hips and leg muscles.
- Helps to develop muscular co-ordination, nervous balance and concentration.
People with lower back problems, heart problems or high blood pressure should practice under guidance.