Vayu Nishkasana (Wind Releasing Pose)
- April 12, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Squat with the feet about hip-width apart.
- Grasp the insteps of the feet, placing the fingers under the soles with the thumbs above.
- The upper arms should be pressing against the inside of the knees with the elbows slightly bent.
- The eyes should be open throughout the practice.
- Breathe in while moving the head back. Direct the gaze upward. This is the starting position.
- As you breathe out, straighten the knees, raise the buttocks and brig the head forward towards the knees. Hold this position for 3 seconds.
- Breathe in, return to the starting position.
- Provides a positive effect on the nerves and muscles of the thighs, knees, shoulders, arms and neck.
- The pelvic organs and muscles are massaged.
- Provides equal stretch to the whole spine and bot the arm and leg muscles.
- All the vertebrae and joints are pulled away from each other so that the pressure between them is balanced.
- All the spinal nerves are stretched and toned.
- Useful for relieving flatulence.
- People with knee problems or sciatica should practice with care.
- People with very high blood pressure arteriosclerosis should practice under guidance.