Supta Pawanmuktasana (Leg Lock Pose)
- January 3, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Featured Asana,
Step by Step:
- Lie down in Shavasana and relax.
- Bend the right knee and bring the thigh to the chest.
- Interlock the fingers and clasp the hands on the shin just below the right knee.
- Keep the left leg straight and on the ground.
- Inhale deeply, filling the lungs as much as possible.
- Exhaling, raise the head and shoulders off the ground and without straining bring the right knee to the nose.
- Remain in the final position for a few seconds.
- While inhaling, return to the base position and relax the body.
- Repeat on the other side.
This asana may be repeated by bringing both knees and bringing both thighs to the chest.
- Strengthens the lower back muscles and loosens the spinal vertebrae.
- Massages the abdomen and the digestive organs and is therefore very effective in removing wind and constipation.
- Massages the pelvic muscles and reproductive organs.
People suffering from high blood pressure or serious back conditions such as sciatica and slipped disc.