The spine is the central support system of the musculoskeletal framework of the body. Composed of 33 bony vertebras stacked one on top of the other in a somewhat flexible manner, the spine is further supported by structures such as ligaments, muscles, tendons, and cushion padding’s (disc). The healthy and dynamic interaction between these structures allows not just for a balanced muscular tone on parallel sides of the spine preserving a good posture, it also creates the ideal gateway for harmonious two- way neuro-chemical communication between the spinal cord and the corresponding area of supply. It promotes regulation of the somatic and autonomic functions of the body allowing for an optimum performance of the body at all times. To add on to its already physically demanding and crucial role, the spine is also the storehouse of Prana (the vital energy force/Chi) that permeates throughout the body. A proper circulation of Prana is the key tool for the emotional and mental well-being of an individual. It is, therefore, a mandatory duty for each one of us to maintain a healthy spine.
MAYI offers you the opportunity to learn and master all the golden scientific techniques to maintain a healthy spine through a 3-hour workshop. Join us to find out:
- Key poses and breathing methods sequenced to activate the spinal Pranic flow.
- Well designed, simple and yet powerful poses to stretch all 3 layers of muscles at the back of the body to optimise muscular tone and improve posture.
- Methods to remove the excessive force/workload down the spine due to the long hour sitting/driving.
- How to ease the muscle knots which causes occasional pain at the back.
- The right spinal twist to enhance blood flow which prevents spinal disc ageing and arthritis of the spine (growth of bony spurs).
- Poses that allow all layers of the muscle to contract and relax allowing a pumping action- removes all the toxins and acid build up in the muscle tissue.
- Important tips to correct your posture and techniques to stretch without pain.