The nasal passage is equivalent a gateway of life for the human body. As such it is important for us to keep the nasal passage clean for both nostrils to function in a balanced condition. Jala Neti is a traditional yet functional technique that can be practiced by everyone be it a yoga practitioner or otherwise.
Cleansing the nasal passages helps remove excessive mucus produced by wrong diet and poor lifestyle habits. The cleansing process is relevant for anyone seeking to improve their health and sharpen their mental and sensory acuity. It also increases their breathing capacity and strengthens the internal organs. On a general note, it helps to relieve colds and sinusitis along with disorders of the ears, eyes and throat, and has a cooling and soothing influence on the brain and mind.
It helps to raise the levels of both physical and mental energy, promotes the flow of positive energy through the mind, senses and heart, and through the entire respiratory, circulatory and nervous system. Doing Jala Neti daily, first thing in the morning, is better than a cup of coffee or hot tea to wake us up, stimulate the mind and help us get going on our daily routine. Although Jala Neti is often credited to the cleansing of the nasal tract, it is also widely noted for its contributions to the clearing of the eye ducts and improving visions, and also removing tensions and depressions, to give clarity of mind
Benefits of Practicing Jala Neti
- Removes dirt and bacteria filled mucus from within the nasal passages and sinuses
- Alleviates nasal allergy
- Helps re-programme the body’s natural mechanisms against respiratory complaints
- Beneficial for conditions such as asthma and bronchitis
- Beneficial for headaches, migraine, temper tantrums, hysteria, depression and general mental tension
- Balances the left and right nostrils
- Relieves muscular tension of the face and promotes a fresh and youthful appearance
- Gives a cooling and soothing effect on the brain, drawing excess heat out
- Helps stimulate better visualisation and concentration and gives a feeling of lightness and clarity to the mind
To enquire for more information, please click here.
- 29th April 2017 – Bangsar
- 21st May 2017 – Puchong
- 19th November 2017 – Subang
Jala Neti (Nasal Irrigation) Workshop Testimonials